Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Melting Pot - Philadelphia

I have seen these as I have traveled, but had never been to one. It was across the street from the Marriott Downtown Philadelphia. They opened at five and we were hungry so we went. It is a fondue/hot pot type restaurant. We were lucky, happy hour is five to six and this can be an expensive place to eat.

I ordered the three course meal off the happy hour menu and Kathy did a Swiss Classic Fondue for one. You get bread, apples and veggies. The only thing that was really tasty was the apples.

The next course included chicken, steak, shrimp, potatoes, veggies and mushrooms. Instead of cheese you have a pot of flavored water ( think Shabu). And they give you eight different sauces. That was fun and Kathy enjoyed a shrimp and a mushroom.

It was so much food that I could barely do dessert, the classic is a chocolate and peanut butter. I asked for the minimum amount of chocolate possible and just two strawberries, ( they want to give you an assortment). Our waiter was very attentive, thank you Matt Hen. It was fun, but I am not sure it is high on my list for a return. Bill before gratuity was 51.09.

No comments:

Post a Comment