Friday, December 7, 2012

Philadelphia to Washington DC - Amtrak

We had a heck of a time getting a cab. The Middle States convention was ending and the taxi line was very long, but we got there. I was hoping for a van since we are traveling heavy, but Kathy tipped the hotel guy $5.00 and he found a way to make it work.

We got to the train station and could not find a Red Cap, so we brought the bags in using two trips. When I got my tickets I asked if there was an earlier train and there was, it was an additional charge, but I felt it was worth it.

We went back to the Red Cap desk and this wonderful guy, Chris shows up. He loaded all of our bags and helped us get to the Silver Star, train 125. The Internet was slow, but other than that the train was great. We got to the other side, Washington. There was a Red Cap right on the train as we were getting off. He loaded our bags on a golf cart which we shared with one other lady. He started in one direction and then he turned around. Oh My! He took us through the heart of the underground part of the train station and then out onto a street and then up to where our limo was waiting. Incredible, I have never seen anything like it. Thank you Amtrak!

No comments:

Post a Comment