Saturday, March 1, 2014

Islander's Mini Mart

Kathy and I have invited a couple over for dinner next Thursday. Sharlene, I think, used to live in Papa New Guinea. So, I wanted to try some island fare. On Kauai, I can do this with my eyes closed, but where do you get taro leaves and breadfruit in the Seattle area? The answer is Islander's Mini Mart. And depending on where you live in Bonney Lake/Sumner, it is less than 20 minutes away, traffic notwithstanding.

You can't get everything on the planet there, but we came away with frozen taro leaves, breadfruit, ( I really miss breadfruit, on my farm I had multiple trees), a bag of taro chips, some green cardamon, and Woo Hoo a bag of garam masala, (we ground it today and at the party, I will use it on the sweet potatoes.

Life is very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment