Saturday, September 26, 2015

Tagaris BoarDoe 2013 Mix

Kathy and I are waiting for the car to take us to the airport. While we pack, we enjoyed a 2013 red wine mix from Richland WA. Grapes are sourced from several vineyards: 32% Merlot, 31% Cabernet Franc, 22% Cabernet Savignon, 9% Petit Verdot and 6% Malbec. From what I can tell from the web, the mix changes year to year, possibly based on what is available, possibly as they fine tune.

On the nose it was tannins first, fruit a distant second, right after opening. We let it breathe for 30 minutes until the fruit arrived. Very drinkable table wine after breathing for an hour, possibly a great second bottle, "young wine" while entertaining. It is a lighter purple garnet color, I think the bottle said 13.5 % alcohol. If you made me do the flavors, (not my strong suit), I would go with plum and blackberry with mineral notes; think Wahluke AVA Bordeaux blends.

My guess is that this bottle will find its place in a couple of years. Kathy and I do not have infinite storage space, but I think we should pick up a couple more bottles and label them for 2017. I know Tagaris has done winery tours in the past, and judging from their plantings, they are set up to do some creative things. Maybe we can get in position for a tour next year. Found them on Facebook and signed up on their mailing list; who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment