Saturday, September 19, 2015

Loco Moco revisited

It all started when we went to Wal-Mart, because they have the best waterproofing spray in their camping/tent department and Kathy and I have brand new long wool capote's and a cold, wet, (but exciting), cruise in our near term future. While I was there, I picked up some organic 1% milk and on my way to checkout noticed some lowfat, (93% lean). pre-made burgers. I haven't had red meat in a couple years and succumbed.

The next morning, I woke up at 6:00 AM, hungry, and there was one thing that would satisfy, a Loco Moco! We haven't had white rice in the house ever, but I did have some leftover wild rice pilaf. Ditto, no cans of brown gravy, sorry, that is not how I roll, but I wanted that Loco Moco. Hmmm, I do have some Porcini mushrooms, put them in hot water, add salt and garlic and we are off to the races for a brown gravy of sorts. Essentially poached the burger in the developing gravy, the red color is from a Caribbean inspired seasoning salt from the amazing Grocery Outlet. Started the egg over easy, got it ready for the flip.



Heated up the wild rice pilaf in the microwave and ready for assembly.


Kathy, who rarely eats breakfast did not leave a crumb. It really is an amazing flavor and this is an approach you can feel good about from a health perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment