Thursday, June 19, 2014

Greenery Cafe

We were in Lihue and wanted to get lunch. We dropped off some legal paperwork at Mr. Hong's office and Kathy noticed their sign, so we gave them a try.

As the Oracle says in the Matrix, I hate to give good people bad news. I like the idea of fresh herbs right from the garden and it was so cool to see the Felcia Cowden for City Council poster right there at the order/pickup window. I loved the basil leaves in the salad. Now, the not so good news.

The size of the cup the tea was served in was offensive. The service was well, no service. Waiting 30 minutes for the spaghetti makes no sense, the pasta was overcooked and the sauce was pretty bad. The trash was full so throwing away out used take out plates was impossible. The organic turkey sausage was good however.

The menu is really hard to read.

They are nice people. The proprietor knew something was wrong and I would have sat down and explained the problems step by step, but we had an appointment and lost all the extra time waiting for the food. I honestly hope they succeed, hope these are just start up problems. I have been in the hospitality business most of my life and the biggest suggestion is actually come out of the kitchen and talk with your customers; ask them how it is going.

If you are associated with Greenery Cafe and you see this blogpost before July 9, 2014 when we fly off the island I would be happy to sit down with you and try to make some helpful suggestions even though it means leaving my beloved Waipoli and going in to the big city of Lihue *smile*.

No comments:

Post a Comment