- 1/2 cup black rice, cover with water 2x the height of the rice.
- 2 heaping TBSP green onion tops cut up finely, (TIP: when you buy green onions go from the top towards the white part, the top goes first)
- 1 stalk celery, cut up finely
- 5 baby carrots cut up finely
- 2 pinches of sea salt
Boil the water, add the rice. When the rice is about 1/2 done add the green onions. Then add the celery, wait to add the carrots until most of the water is gone. I like carrot to still have a bit of crisp as opposed to mush.
- 2 2"x1" halibut steak or filet, pick out as many bones as possible
Lemon butter basil sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered cheese
- 1 TBLS powdered milk
- 1 TBLS dry basil
- 2 pinches sea salt
- have chicken broth handy
- 1/2" pat of butter
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- Lemon juice to taste
Add remaining ingredients after stirring for a minute, taste the sauce and make any adjustments. Place the halibut in the sauce. Place the halibut in the sauce. From time to time spoon sauce over the top. Different people like their fish at different degrees of doneness. On low heat I cook halibut steaks 5 minutes on each side; halibut filets 3.5 minutes on each side. The goal is to reach the point where the center begins to flake and then call it done, you can check with a fork. Serve immediatlely.