Monday, March 30, 2015

Spier Signature Cabernet Sauvignon 2013

I have had some health issues and we have cut way back on wine. Kathy and I decided it would be nice to purchase a bottle, while we were still on Kauai, so February 26 2015 we enjoyed a bottle of Hanaiali'i Merlot.

Last night we were looking for an antler, (Yogi's favorite chew toy), and the pet store is next to Total Wine and More. I asked Kathy to pick a bottle while I got the antler.

When we reconvened at the truck, Kathy was quite excited. I looked at the receipt and was a bit sad, it was an $8.99 bottle of wine.

We opened it tonight and I was astounded. The bottle label says it has notes of currants and mint. Maybe I am psyching myself out, but I felt I could taste the mint, the black currant is pretty much a given with any Cabernet Sauvignon. Kathy, (who loves caramel), feels there is a hint of caramel. It is a mellow wine, thanks to the French Oak barrels. We are going back to Puyallup for a Costco run, so we might pick up a couple of bottles, perhaps put one in the high grade cabinet for Rudy's visit and put a couple in the cellar and let them get some age.


No comments:

Post a Comment