Sunday, July 14, 2013

Seattle to Denver

We got to SEATAC early. Scored TSA Pre, so security was really easy and holed up in the lounge. Didn't really want to do a lot of email, so read newspapers and magazines. Could not ignore the CNN screen, Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Zimmerman.

United 1607 was a tad late, but it was a direct flight so we were chilled. Bit bumpy, but no complaints. They were serving a "snack". At this point in my life I could live for two days on that amount of food. The Purser asked for my food preference and I said whatever is left, airplane food is exactly that. The soup was good, ate half of it, did not even attempt the sandwich.

We landed, got our luggage, found a taxi and motored to the Hyatt Regency. It is an OK hotel in a GREAT location near the theater district. We have two double beds, the good news is you can use one as the storage/staging bed, the bad news is Kathy and I are pretty large people even with the weight we have both lost. I love cuddling with Kathy, but this is going to get extreme. We will make do.

Wasn't really hungry, but we felt we should eat something so we went to Appaloosa's Grill. This is one of my favorite spots in Denver; great live music, acceptable food, fair prices. I knew I could not eat much so I got the Mac Cheese, (amazing how many times I have made that choice lately).

Woke up this morning, blinky as all get out, it will be interesting to see how things work out this week. Kathy slept late and I am very happy for her, conference life is a huge energy burn. She is reading the weekend of WSJ while I blog. We are going out in a few minutes to get some lunch. I can't say I really want to eat, but I know I should. Plus, we will get to see an interesting place, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment