Saturday, March 16, 2013

Marriott World Center and Orlando

We have spent the week at the world center putting on a conference. I am pleased to report that my newest class, Management 514, Security Planning, Policy and Leadership did well. During our time here we have eaten at three of the on-property restaurants.

Mikado. Just like any other Japanese Teppenyaki grill. It is amazing how similar they all are to each other. Huge portions, I had the Scallops and NY Strip Steak, Kathy had the Shrimp and Filet Mignon. We did not try any adult beverages, since we had to go back to work, but noticed a full bar and wine list.

Hawks Landing Steakhouse. Service was great, but food was so so. I had the pork chop, which they cooked into cardboard. We shared two sides, their awesome hashbrowns and also the mushrooms. Wine list was not that impressive, we shared a bottle of Murphy Goode Cabernet.

Siso, the replacement Italian restaurant. Kathy had the Kale Caesar and I had the Grouper, which was very nice. This was our best experience and we are going back tonight.

Friday night after work we took a cab to Universal and ate at Emeril's. I had the Redfish and Kathy had the Pork Chop. We also had a bottle of Gilgal Cabernet Sauvignon and shared their newest desert, the Trifle to cap the night. It was a wonderful experience. Great service, great taste.

We woke up early Saturday morning. For some reason, we are still here, so we decided to go to the TBN Holy Land Experience. I am glad we started early, because this quickly got very crowded and the aisles are narrow and in all my days on this earth I have never seen so many people that just stop in a passageway and block everyone else. By eleven AM I was starting to lose it and Kathy and I decided to bail out. The Holy Land Experience may be fun when it is not crowded, but I have to put it on my not recommended list.   The Holy Land Cafe, did not look appealing and was already crowded with limited available seating. Hey, I thought, why don't we go back to Emeril's for lunch. I had a phone number for Orlando Checker Cab in my contacts list, they had a cab there in ten minutes. Emeril's was not crowded, was quiet, we got a seat at the kitchen bar so we could watch our food being prepared. Kathy got the Wedge Salad, I had the Truffle Flat bread, all is right with the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment