Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oasis - Kapaa Kauai

After work yesterday, Kathy and I took a walk to the Kukui Heiau. I guess we have not been walking as much, we both got a bit stiff so we decided to rest and pulled into the Oasis Bar and Grill at the Waipouli resort on the way back.

It was happy hour, I had the two beers for three dollars and Kathy had a vodka tonic for four dollars. They were setting up a live band, it was standing room only, so to stretch our time at the bar we ordered the truffle fried rice which was seven dollars. That is really good, I think I am going to try to duplicate it. This was some of the better guitar playing I have ever heard, so it was an enjoyable experience. I would have been happy to stay longer, but needed to walk home before dark because it was very low tide and we wanted to walk on top of the dead reef to get back home instead of along the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment