Saturday, October 3, 2015

LTCC Prayer Breakfast did not like the potato skins

In my previous post, I described the process used to create the potato skins. The men hit the lasagna pretty hard, but the potato skins were a no go. They wiped out the scrambled eggs that come in a carton, all the sausage and pancakes, but passed over the potato skins like the Angel of Death in Exodus 12:23. Well heck, they had only been out for an hour, so I took them home, put them in the blender, added enough water to blend. Then I added a 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1/2 cup of gluten free flour and a teaspoon of baking powder.

This is my "dough", so now we can make an assortment of pastries. I am hosting my brother starting today, so having some snackage is a good thing. I will make an assorted plated for us and one for the church tomorrow. I am going to make moist pastries first, then add some more flour and make crunchy ones.

I took two large non-stick saute´ pans and dropped the dough in by tablespoons. Put in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees to get a bit stiff. As soon as I pulled these pans, I put in one more. The first three pastries are:


  • Horseradish and pickles, put a bit of creamed horseradish on the pastry, covered with a dill pickle, added enough cheese for the melted mild cheddar cheese to melt and "glue" the pickle to the pastry.
  • Fresh Cremini mushroom, salt, garlic powder, enough cheese for the melted mild cheddar cheese to melt and "glue" the mushroom to the pastry.
  • Nitrite free ham, a dab of Dijon mustard and enough cheese for the melted mild cheddar cheese to melt and "glue" the ham to the pastry.


Added a couple tablespoons of gluten free flour to the dough, stirred well. For the next set, I will not put them in the oven first, I made smaller portions, about 3/4 tablespoon dropped onto the pan. The second set of three pastries are:


  • A slice of our garden grown hot peppers pushed into the dough.
  • One half of a garden grown cherry tomato pushed into the dough.
  • Feta cheese pushed into the dough.
Added a bit more flour, target is bread dough consistency, these should come out crunchy. Covered my cutting board in Parmesan cheese, rolled the dough balls in the cheese.



Hmmm, there is a bit of dough left, took a medium saute´pan, made a rustic crust. I have some leftover spiced chicken, maybe a type of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment