Sunday, August 24, 2014

Nick's for brunch, family and Isle of Capri

The calm before the storm!

I started Saturday morning wrapping up my analyst paper and commenting on future, (possible) papers. Then I graded a couple graduate student papers and got a cup of coffee from the Hilton lounge. By 11 AM I realized just how hungry I was. There is a local dive, Nick's, that Randy Marchany introduced us to a couple years ago. I love how "real" the place is.

Kathy had the crab omelet and I had the crab cake eggs Benedict. Good fun. Soon we hope to see our family, they are coming in by train. Yup they made it. It is an odd train, that includes a bus. They got dropped off about a mile from the hotel and they chose to walk.

Saturday night we had a reservation at the Isle of Capri for the whole tribe. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was a good time. Love the tableside salad preparation.

We woke up on Sunday morning and began the classic family text-a-thon before meeting for breakfast. The kids were really good. The ocean is a bit kicked up, so the kids hit the pool, Hunter went body surfing, he has experienced shore breaks before, but still got pile driven once.

No comments:

Post a Comment