Sunday, May 25, 2014

If you don't like the way I drive - stay off the crosswalk - car hit Jim

We were talking with Ryan to see how Joe is doing; not good, he has been non-voluntarily committed for alcohol rehabilitation. Ryan mentioned that Jim had been hit by a car and it was pretty serious. Wow. While I was out weed whacking, Kathy connected with Mandy. She said we could bring some food.

Started with Mung bean Cordon Bleu, one of my favorites, and yes, it slide out of its shaping container, ( this time I tried coconut oil). There are plenty of explanations, even a picture in earlier posts. Look for the Friday night meal, last meal in the post.

Started some tumeric Basmati brown rice cooking with the white part of a leek. We are growing leeks BTW, fresh leeks are so nice and tender, they are a joy to work with. I used the rice as a base for two dishes:

I had some of that oven roasted turkey breast from Costco. I will never cook a turkey breast again, they are so much better at it than I; prepared it using the entre slice direction, (it's on the package). Covered with sesame ginger mushroom sauce. Lots of anti-inflamatory, gluten free, low GL in that one.

The other half of the rice was covered with chicken cashew stir fry.

Also did a red lentil, sun dry tomato corn bread with cheddar cheese powder. Gosh I really would like to know how that came out. Guess I will just have to make one for Kathy and I tomorrow.

The salad was spinach, romaine, mint leaves, with carrots, mushrooms, celery, date bits and those Pike Place candied smoked salmon bits. They are at WinCo from time to time, what fun.

Didn't have time to do a dessert, Kathy got through to Mandy just as they were trying to figure out what they were going to do for dinner. The food was still warm and sealed, so we drove over and delivered.

Jim looks great for a guy that got hit by a speeding car four days ago while in a crosswalk with the walking man sign showing. He flew 40' through the air ended up with two broken legs, a concussion and bleeding on the brain. His eyes are clear, his speech is not slurred, he can walk with a walker and they have arrange for an outdoor shower with hot water. Got to meet his son Dustin, that is one "got it together" guy and an intensive care nurse to book. We didn't stay long, but I want to get back before we fly for the long version of the story. Maybe they will even let me bring another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment