Friday, November 27, 2015

Turkey and lemongrass chowder

As described in Costco Basin Potatoes, I left the lemongrass and anything that drained off from cooking the turkey that was in the bottom of the crockpot, threw in the bones, I threw in two more of the potatoes, filled with water and cooked it on low in the crockpot all night. The next morning I removed the potatoes and chopped them into chowder size chunks, and strained the mix into a pot and threw away the bones and lemongrass. Now that we have the broth with potatoes, it is time to build the chowder.

I added 1 cup leftover dark meat turkey, 1 cup celery cut up fine, 1/2 small onion, and 1/2 cup carrots. I also added 1 and 1/2 cups of the potato/cheese mix from yesterday.  I cooked on low for 30 minutes stiffing often, until the soup really begins to thicken there will be a tendency for everything to settle to the bottom and burn. Then I put it in the fridge to rest.

1 comment: