Sunday, November 30, 2014

Snow in Seattle

Yesterday the snow was coming down. It started with big flakes that got smaller. It has been below freezing for a couple of days, so if we go out we need to watch for ice patches on the road. However it is beautiful on the lake.

Today I was going to go the church just wearing a merino wool shirt, but Kathy talked me out of it. She is a wise woman. I chose my Calvin Klein CMZ850 wool coat; it has a built in vest. I am not a big brand person, but this was at Costco at a nice price and from time to time it is nice to have a break from nylon and fleece.

There is no sign of rain today, but I found some waterproofing spray cans at Wal-Mart in the sports area; I bought two cans and sprayed the jacket with both of them several months ago. Have no idea how effective they are; have not been in a rain storm with the coat yet. That will be instructive.

The whole concept of "waterproof" is tough, years ago in Vancouver I got soaked in an LL Bean goretex trenchcoat raincoat trying to buy a gold nugget piece of jewerly for Kathy. No complaints against LL Bean, if you stay in the rain long enough, you get wet.

Today, we stopped to get gas after church and I am still shivering after filling the car, but I only had the vest section zipped up.

I am going to take a short nap and then we can go to the YMCA.


No comments:

Post a Comment