Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Broken Yolk Cafe and Joe's Crab Shack San Diego

Had a business lunch and needed to keep it near the conference hotels. I had been intrigued with the Broken Yolk Cafe and it was close so we gave it a try. Thomas had a Western omelet, Kathy had a Kale salad and I had a Reuben. It was all OK, but not great. I do not think I will be back, the Gaslamp district has so many excellent choices.

For supper we walked to the Crab Shack so we could see the amazing boats moored by the convention center. There was one called the Ramsey which was the biggest single mast I have ever seen. We got to the Crab Shack early and had the place to ourselves. It was fun listening to the day time employees leave and the night time employees arrive; there were a lot of "love yous" and hugs, I love to see a work environment like that. Kathy and I shared the Classic Steampot for two, it has been over three years since I have visited that place. The last time was when I was teaching for Fred Rainbow of AFCEA and my class decided to go to lunch together. That was a fun time.  Kathy and I both really enjoyed it. Then we took a leisurely walk back.

No comments:

Post a Comment