Monday, July 25, 2016

Glacier Bay to Haines

Monday, July 25, 2016, after breakfast I finished another of my stories for the “American Character” SANS Rocky Mountain 2017 marketing campaign. It is about Jacob Lawrence. If you have never heard of him, it is worth Googling.  Speaking of which, I am starting to “pine” for connectivity.  We pulled into the ranger station at Bartlett Cove and it was a lovely day so Kathy and I did a self guided tour to look at the forest. We were struck by the flowers. 








Then we went through the swamp on a raised path. Evidence of rainfall was everywhere.



We got to the lodge and picked up a Glacier Bay t-shirt for each of us. Then I noticed a deepwater sailor staring intently at his iPad. I wonder? Sure enough there was wireless. I used my phone to get rid of the junk in my inbox and then answer messages. Only one student assignment had come in, he had made the requested improvements in his presentation so I sent it to Alan.


We headed back to the boat via yet another trail and saw a whale skeleton and wooden canoe.







 As soon as I got back to the boat I grabbed my laptop to see if I could get the park service wireless from the boat; no joy. So I grabbed it and headed for the ranger station to synch my laptop inbox with all the work I had done with my phone. Got that done and came back to the boat. After lunch we set sail to Haines, we will be there in the morning. Right after we left there was an odd pattern in the water. Fish were quite interested in the area as were a couple seals, so it must have to do with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment