Thursday, August 27, 2015

Harbor Lights Tacoma

On Wednesdays we have a regular appointment in Tacoma at 11 AM. When it is done we poke around the city and have lunch. Yesterday we went to Harbor Lights 2761 Ruston Way. I love the seafood restaurants on Ruston Way and this has always been one of my favorite.

According to my bill, I had the Lunch Caesar and Cioppinno and Kathy had the SP Mussels Small and with taxes, the whole thing came to $35.48.

Well we did have those things and the Caesar was good, crisp lettuce, bold dressing. Kathy loved the broth the mussels are cooked in. And their Cioppinno is imaginative, yet not far from the classic. Great service, great waterfront view, what is not to like?

Well, we actually also each had a bowl of their Clam Nectar Chowder. For some reason it is not on my bill, I guess we will have to go there next Wednesday to straighten it out. Oh bother, as Pooh would say. This chowder was so good it got me to thinking about the chowder I had at Ivar's last week. There is some great chowder to be had in the Seattle area.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but when I think of Chowder, I tend to think of Boston. But I have the honor of being the Chair of SANS Boston 2016, August 1 - 6, so I have been thinking about Boston. Kathy spent her summers growing up, 40 minutes from Boston on the water and we have been there many times and had many a wonderful chowder. So now I am starting to wonder, who has the top three out of ten chowders per city, who has the top spot in each city and how would you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment