Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Used popcorn never had it so good

Last night, hard time sleeping, hungry, trying to be healthy, made popcorn, that way I can control the salt etc. Couldn't finish it. Woke up this morning, walked by the bowl, grabbed a handful, SOGGY POPCORN, (we live by the beach in Hawaii, it is very humid).

What if?

1.5 cup used popcorn, strain out the old maids, (who came up with *that* term), salt and seasonings from the popcorn are welcome.
Good long spray from the Misto, (mine is set with olive and truffle oil)
.25 cup egg white, swirl around trying to moisten popcorn evenly
.25 cup shredded cheese, (gotta make up for the egg white)
PUSH it all down into a non stick skillet, (I think that is one of the two secrets to success)
Garnish with more shredded cheese, (you garnish your way, I'll garnish mine)
350 degrees for 30 minutes, ditch the pre-heat oven nonsense, set an alarm with Siri, went back to work. Alarm.

It was cooked. Cheese was melted, Kind of a cooked, semi-soggy popcorn, meh. BUT it was all in one nice flat congealed bundle. Cut into slices, put in Phillips Air Fryer for 10 minutes, Woooo Hoooo crisply deliciousness.

/ And yes, I know, I should have added .25 cup sprinkled bacon, someone please tell my doctor I am trying. /

No comments:

Post a Comment