Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Boston: Stephanie's and Summer Shack

Last night Kathy and I went to Stephanie's on Newbury after work. She had the Chunky Chicken Salad, I had their Meatloaf. Neither of us could finish the meal. We had a reservation, but when they got there they said it would be a 20 minute wait. We decided to eat at the bar and found a table.

Service was reasonable considering how crowded they were on a MONDAY!

Tonight we treated my co-instructor Richard to dinner at the Summer Shack in Back Bay, I have always loved this place. Richard had the Fish and Chips, Kathy was the hungriest I have seen her in months, she had the Steamers (clams), which she felt were so so, the Mussels in Herb Broth which she loved and the Calamari Special, an unbreaded Calamari, which she loved. I had the Shack Paella, it was OK, not great, Hawgs Seafood Bar in San Jose is still the source of my favorite restaurant Paella.

No comments:

Post a Comment